By day, I'm a software solution architect. What that means in practice is that my job is to write IT system design documentation in language that both technical developers and non-technical client users can understand.
By night I'm a jazz musician; I play bass. I am a bassist. Both electric and upright - the difference is the size of the car I carry it in, not the music I make.
I have degrees in music and (separately) in Renaissance art history, neither of which are of any direct use in what I do (jazz especially is not something you learn from books); but both are of endless benefit in appreciating what others achieve in those fields. Oh, and I wrote a novel once.
Oxford, United Kingdom
Member for 4 years, 6 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 26 '16 at 13:15
Top network posts
- 37 Does the word candidate have to refer to a person?
- 23 Is there an English word or phrase that means "intending to help and hurting instead?"
- 22 Is there an English idiom that is equivalent to "throwing stones at sewage will only spoil your dress"?
- 16 alternative meaning of "pickle"
- 12 Is there a term for a free ride without consent?
- 10 Idioms for a 'obvious' or 'needs no explanation'
- 9 A return of money that won't be counted against an order's balance
- View more network posts →
Keeping a low profile.
This user hasn't posted yet.
May 26 '16